Saturday, February 23, 2008

Would you like some lard with that?



See the pic; that's in the Houston airport (the painfully titled George Bush Intercontinental Airport). I saw at least 5 of them on my way through to the baggage claim. I guess one of the many 'curvacious' people could go down at any moment. Located next to that sign was an I-pod...wait for it...vending machine. In case you have a spare couple of hundred on you when heading away.

I spent 4 hours trapped in Pheonix Airport because US Airlines stuffed my connecting flight. That's 4 hours of JUNK FOOD. Fast food joints I had never heard of, apparently there are world renowned cinammon scrolls that the rest of the world has never heard of. I settled for a pan-fried personal margerita pizza from Pizza Hut, a 'US tradition'?!? Unspeakable things happened to my bowels after that and 14 hours of air-line food.

Settled now in Houston. Living in the 6th disctrict which is an ungentrified area about 15 minutes walk from the city centre. Of course the city centre has nothing but a business district, the rest of the life is 2 hours walk away. But I'll figure out something to do somehow.

A less rendom post coming soon.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Just writing a comment so you know that people are reading your blog :) Yay you!

Kitten Wrangler said...

Oh, FFS Gillies, I was all prepared to use my ACTUAL name and everything when commenting here, but I have to use my google name. Curses!

Especially since all I wanted to say here is that I read this when tired, and I read it as "George Bush Incontinent-al Airport"

Tee hee!!

Also. I too have a photo of a sign alerting passers-by to the presence of a defibrillator... except my photo was taken on the side of a steep mountain in San Marino. And they called it a defibrillatore. That is all.

Penny said...

The idea of an ipod vending machine is SO exciting to me... really!